Sophia Garcia-Jackson is focused on leading and modernizing the Chester County Coroner's Office, a critical and essential service, especially during a global medical crisis like the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Sophia currently serves as the Chief Deputy Coroner for Chester County, overseeing all Coroner investigations and managing the office day to day.
- Sophia has built a team of talented, educated and ABMDI certified investigators focused on implementing national recognized standards for medico-legal death investigation.
- Sophia has increased the office’s transparency around the budget process and streamlined the accounting practices the office has for paying vendors.
- Sophia has developed a reputation as a reliable partner to local law enforcement and other county agencies. She sits on multiple task forces including Elder Abuse, Child Death Review, County HealthCare Emergency Planning, and represented the Coroner’s Office during mass fatality tabletop exercises.
- Sophia has helped run the Coroner’s outreach program to local high schools for the past two years, teaching students what the office’s role in the community is and staging mock crash scenes.
- She lives in West Chester in West Whiteland Township with her husband Blake, dog Chico and two cats.
- While running a competent and professional Coroner’s Office takes up most of her time her other great passion is for cooking elaborate gourmet meals for her family and friends.