Sophia knows how large of a job running the Chester County Coroner's Office really is. She's ready to lead the office effectively from day one, no time to get up to speed needed. She understands the responsibilities and the procedures because she's already doing them.
- Currently the Chief Deputy Coroner for Chester County, and previously the First Deputy Coroner for the county. She has been running the day to day tasks of the office for the last two years.
- Sophia spent six years as a Death Investigator for the State of New Jersey.
- Sophia holds a Master’s degree from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine in Forensic Medicine, and a Bachelor’s degree in Anthropology from California State, with a certification in Forensic Identification.
- Sophia completed internships at the Human ID Lab, a world renown forensic facility in California, and a separate internship at the Philadelphia Medical Examiner’s Office.
- Certified with the American Board of Medicolegal Death Investigators and currently working on securing the next level of certification called a Fellowship.
- Certified with the PA Coroner’s Education Board